How do I activate my eSIM

I do I start setting up my iPhone eSIM

Posted on Apr 4, 2024 1:54 PM

4 replies

May 23, 2024 9:12 AM in response to Pennstatenickalva

It doesn’t work… this country needs the user to be a resident in order to get an eSIM. Which I am not, I am just here on vacation. This is a huge problem for travelers. Apple won’t refund my phone, this phone is totally useless to me since I can’t use it in countries where getting a eSIM is resident required. I don’t think Apple thought this through. What are your suggestions? How do you fix this? Is there any bypass? I am currently looking at getting a 13 or buying an iPhone from Canada

You can always get service from a roaming provider such as GigSky or other similar services that have eSIMs. GigSky works in more than 150 countries, and the rates are competitive. I suggest you download the app from the App Store and see if that solution solves your problem.

May 23, 2024 7:50 AM in response to sberman

It doesn’t work… this country needs the user to be a resident in order to get an eSIM. Which I am not, I am just here on vacation. This is a huge problem for travelers. Apple won’t refund my phone, this phone is totally useless to me since I can’t use it in countries where getting a eSIM is resident required. I don’t think Apple thought this through. What are your suggestions? How do you fix this? Is there any bypass? I am currently looking at getting a 13 or buying an iPhone from Canada

May 23, 2024 8:36 AM in response to Pennstatenickalva

Pennstatenickalva wrote:

There's no indication that the original poster has the same issue that you do. Ordinarily, I would suggest you start your own thread. However, there's nothing anyone here in this user-to-user forum can do to help you. No one here can change the laws where you vacation or add a SIM slot to your phone.

How do I activate my eSIM

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.