Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Apple Podcasts are slow or failing to load after iOS 17.4.1 update

The Apple Podcast app isn’t loading quickly since the update and can often take several minutes for me to either enter a section on my Apple Podcasts app. It sometimes takes me quitting the app for the app to get either the download to become available or for it to delete. I have plenty of space on my phone for downloads. I am feeling very frustrated with the amount of time that it takes for Apple Podcasts to load.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone XR

Posted on Apr 5, 2024 12:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2024 9:22 AM

I am simultaneously very relieved and further annoyed to discover I am not alone here. I have been checking for software updates incessantly since this started happening, and I am increasingly giving up and switching to a different podcast app. I was afraid my phone was going downhill fast, even though nothing else has this problem and I have a ton of free space. The problem doesn’t just happen for me when loading the app but also often when switching between pages or clicking on anything really. And the quick pause/play button button on the drop-down and Lock Screen disappears way more often, so I HAVE to try to pull up the app again to unpause what I’m playing.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2024 9:22 AM in response to melissajayne80

I am simultaneously very relieved and further annoyed to discover I am not alone here. I have been checking for software updates incessantly since this started happening, and I am increasingly giving up and switching to a different podcast app. I was afraid my phone was going downhill fast, even though nothing else has this problem and I have a ton of free space. The problem doesn’t just happen for me when loading the app but also often when switching between pages or clicking on anything really. And the quick pause/play button button on the drop-down and Lock Screen disappears way more often, so I HAVE to try to pull up the app again to unpause what I’m playing.

Apple Podcasts are slow or failing to load after iOS 17.4.1 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.