Newsroom Update

Updates to the Home experience elevate entertainment and bring more convenience. Learn more >

Arlo Camera Motion Detected Issue- Apple HomeKit

I have been using Arlo cameras for several years now, and so far, I have not experienced any major issues using them with my Apple HomeKit. I have set up an automation that notifies me through my HomePod whenever my front camera detects motion. However, since my house is located on a busy street, to avoid receiving unnecessary notifications, I have established activity zones that only notify me when motion occurs within those zones (zones set through the Arlo app). This setup has been working well for years.

Yet, recently, I have noticed that I am getting notifications for every passing car and blowing tree, even though Arlo still correctly captures the proper activity zones and does not notify me. It seems like Homekit is checking for everything. Is there something wrong with Apple HomeKit and its connection with Arlo, and is there a solution to this problem? The constant notifications are becoming annoying.

HomePod (2nd generation)

Posted on Apr 5, 2024 7:32 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

May 22, 2024 11:44 AM in response to JayW9990

Same exact issue here. But, it’s intermittent. It will be fine for a week or two and then return.

It’s also only on one of my cameras. But it’s happened on the doorbell camera too in the past.

It hasn’t happened on my other three cameras.

The commonality of the camera that does this and the doorbell camera is I have activity zones set in both. Along with people detection.

Maybe that’s the answer; the activity zones in Arlo and HomeKit sees all motion?

Arlo Camera Motion Detected Issue- Apple HomeKit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.