Will iOS 17.5 Address the Battery Drain Issue?

I'm reading articles about the upcoming iOS 17.5 update, but nothing is mentioned about a fix for the battery drain issue. Does anyone know if the fix will be included, but isn't being mentioned? Since Apple won't acknowledge the battery problem to begin with, maybe they'll include a fix without mentioning it? I know, wishful thinking on my part.

iPhone 15 Pro

Posted on Apr 7, 2024 12:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2024 12:51 PM

You're one of the lucky ones. There are hundreds of posts from users who do have the problem, so you can't just ignore that and chalk it up to user error. I've followed every suggestion made in these forums, and nothing has changed the battery drain issue for my 15 Pro.

8 replies

Apr 7, 2024 2:45 PM in response to psmadden

I'm ignoring nothing. Nor did I suggest its user error, so don't put words in my mouth I never said. There are millions upon millions of people with iPhone 15 Pro models, and the complaints would be through the roof is everyone had such an issue. But the vast majority of people don't.

You suggest you've tried every suggestion. Which of mine did you try? From the battery page, what is using the most battery? How did you troubleshoot that?

And if something is a persistent issue, the advice you'll find here are Restart or if necessary, backup the phone, then restore the phone from backup.

Apr 7, 2024 12:44 PM in response to psmadden

This is a user to user only forum. As users, we have no information about what any update may include. If I were you however, I wouldn't count on anything to address battery drain. I've been on iOS 17.4.1 and have absolutely no battery drain issues at all on two iPhones running the latest software.

What you really should be doing is determining what is using the battery on your iPhone. Open the Settings App. Tap Battery and it will show you what is using the battery by percentage. Made adjustments based on that list.

Also, when you updated your iPhone, did you Force Restart it after the update? One reason I NEVER have battery issues is I Force Restart my iPhone immediately after EVERY iOS update. This is something you might want to do too.

Here is how --> Force restart iPhone - Apple Support

May 23, 2024 8:52 AM in response to Bob Timmons

Easy. Don't update any further than needed. If all is working right, then count yourself lucky and just ignore "enhancements." I only update when I see a documented issue that is reported fixed by a great number of users. With Mac Os, I stayed with Big Sur for a long time because I didn't have any issues. I moved up to Ventura when that seemed stable and have stayed an update behind (.1,.2, etc).Sonoma? Just my observations.

[Edited by Moderator]

May 23, 2024 12:45 PM in response to dsilvertx

dsilvertx wrote:

Easy. Don't update any further than needed. If all is working right, then count yourself lucky and just ignore "enhancements." I only update when I see a documented issue that is reported fixed by a great number of users. With Mac Os, I stayed with Big Sur for a long time because I didn't have any issues. I moved up to Ventura when that seemed stable and have stayed an update behind (.1,.2, etc).Sonoma? Just my observations.

I generally update my iPhone, Mac, iPad and Watch within days of the updates being released, if not on the day. I've never had an issue with battery life or anything else that I can think of. iOS 17 did remove custom text tones but it was added back pretty quickly. Just my observations.

Will iOS 17.5 Address the Battery Drain Issue?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.