Camera sensor damage

Usually How long it will damage my camera sensor if I take video n timelapse of the sun?

Posted on Apr 8, 2024 9:56 PM

1 reply

Apr 9, 2024 7:49 AM in response to Nhonhix

If it is damaged, then that damage will be permanent. If it is undamaged after doing this, then the sensor is fine. I don’t expect that the sensor will gradually become worse over time because of this. Saturated pixels will just be white in the image, and overflow to neighboring pixels, but the sensor will be ‘empty’ again for a next image or video.

Long exposure to heat (including sun rays) may damage the lens though. On smart phones, the lens is tiny, and small disfigurement of the tiny lens will produce a distorted image more easily. Such damage would be permanent. Doing this repeatedly will worsen this effect. I would expect that it may be most noticeable in imaging geometric shapes; when straight lines aren’t straight anymore, and unintended line wobbles or unfocused parts of the frame may be introduced.

Camera sensor damage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.