Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Which MacBook model is more suitable for Nursing Students in College MacBook Pro or MacBook Air?

Looking for a Macbook for college but i’m stuck between a Macbook pro or Macbook air. Which would be better? I’m majoring in nursing.

[Re-Titled By Moderator]

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Apr 11, 2024 2:40 PM

2 replies

Apr 11, 2024 4:20 PM in response to catmom_

Just to add to WheelieNick's reply...

I can't recommend getting a base model Mac of any kind. Base, in the case of the MacBook Air, is 8GB RAM and 256GB internal storage. For me, neither is sufficient. I always recommend 16GB RAM and as much internal storage as you think you'll ever need.

(Know that photos and Messages are the two primary reasons storage gets filled up too fast. Phones get better cameras nearly every year, and every improvement creates larger files. And more and more folks are sending photos via the Message app, so there's that to consider as well).

Don't forget that Apple offers and education discount, so make sure you take advantage of that before purchasing your Mac.

And never, ever, purchase a used Mac from FB Marketplace, eBay, Craigslist, or pretty much anywhere that's not an authorized Mac dealer. If Macs aren't prepared properly for trade or resale, they can end up as nothing more than expensive doorstops, as nobody but the original owner knows the password.

Which MacBook model is more suitable for Nursing Students in College MacBook Pro or MacBook Air?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.