Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Five new games arriving soon on Apple Arcade. Learn more >

DISABLING GAME CENTER

Driverdeb

Author

User level:

Level 1

8 points

Disabling Game Center 

Why is it that if I turn of all location settings then I can’t completely turn off Game Center? If I turn location settings back on then I can turn off Game Center. Also if I have all location services settings turned off then cellular data settings won’t “keep” Game Center turned off. Is Apple making sure one way or the other that I can be tracked? I’m extremely bothered by this as I’m being cyber stalked and do not know if I’m ever physically followed. It’s been going on for years even with changing devices, AID/PW many times completely factory resetting my devices and NEVER restoring from backups. Any suggestions?

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Apr 13, 2024 3:06 AM

Posted on Apr 13, 2024 5:03 PM

2 replies

Apr 13, 2024 6:10 PM in response to Driverdeb

Security issues ongoing for years are not going to get solved around here in a forum. Not today. If at all.

You’ve undoubtedly already gotten the advice that can be offered, and considered and acted upon that advice appropriately, of course.

For Game Center:

Change your nick to some anonymous and innocuous string.

Set your profile privacy to private.

Turn off contacts sharing, probably also nearby players.

That’ll make Game Center into little more than an iCloud service used to store game awards and scores.

DISABLING GAME CENTER

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.