Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Animating a title in Motion-5 with Rig

I have created a title in Motion-5. I want the title to be animated in multiple ways.

So I have duplicated the title group and assigned the animations by

creating a rig widget with 3 values like PC, SL, SH

1. with Page Curl
  2. with Motion path (for Sliding)
  3. with the scale parameter by creating keyframes

My question : Is there a way I can control the animations without creating duplicate groups. I want to control the same group by enabling and disabling the filters / behaviors / key frames using a rig.

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 14.4

Posted on Apr 13, 2024 6:52 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Apr 15, 2024 7:24 AM in response to RaviNookala

Hi

In the filters, the mix slider is the parameter you would add to the widget. At 0, the filter is not active and at 100% it is active. So, at the PC state, the mix is at 100, and in the SL and SH states it would be at 0.

The scale parameter by creating keyframes

If all you need is an ease in ease out curve, use the ramp behavior instead. start parameter value would be added to the widget. Set the start value at -100 for the Scale option, then set as 0 for the other two states.

If you want to use something other than an ease in ease out curve I need to see an example of the easing curve you would use. It is a common misconception that we can not rig keyframes. You can add keyframe values to a widget. You just need to plan carefully when using this option.

I can not provide you with a direct link to a tutorial that demonstrates this method. Generally, adding keyframes to a widget is an upper tier function, that you would use to add another level of control to a parameter that is already assigned a rigged state.

To create a scale animation, that is activated according to the state of the pop up widget, that is not using a linear or ease in ease out curve, one of the most efficient options is to rig the source of a link behavior to swap between 2 nuill layers. add two shape layers. Animate one of the shape layers scale and leave the other shape layer scale static.

Link the title group scale to the animated layer. Note, before you link the scale - link the y scale of the group to the x scale of the group - so that you only need to link the x parameter. In your null layer that is animated, do the same - so that you only need to animate the x parameter to get the scale animation - this prevents the x and y curves from splitting in the editor.

Link the x scale of the group to the x scale of the animated null layer. Now, add the link source to your widget. In the scale state, you want the source to the be animated null. In the other 2 states, apply the static null as the source.

For the sliding path - you can use the same method as the scale - linking to 1 layer the is animated and another that is static - via the link source to the widget.

I assume that you have arrived at this question, because you have discovered that when you duplicate a text group - you can another layer of text - and this makes the template cumbersome to publish and use in FCP.

An alternative is to clone the text source - then animate each clone according to the style required, then rig the opacity of the clones - so that only 1 clone displays at a time and you can have just 1 text layer to publish.

Animating a title in Motion-5 with Rig

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.