Updated Iphone to 17.4.1 emails won't send

I updated my iphone 12 promax to the 17.4.1 too, but our (both my husband and my) phones will not send email out after the updates. I use Hughesnet through the email app. Never had a problem until we updated our phones.

I checked with Hughesnet and my settings are correct.

I have deleted and reinstalled our email on our phones. No reason this should be happening on their end.

Anyone else have this problem? Solution?

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 14, 2024 7:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2024 7:56 AM

Do you use VPN? If so, delete the VPN profile in Settings/General/VPN & Device Management/VPN.

Otherwise, go to Settings/Mail/Accounts and tap on the account. Then tap on Outgoing (SMTP) settings and make sure you have a valid username and password entered. Settings for incoming and outgoing email are independent of each other, and both must be set up, even if the Outgoing says “optional” - it isn’t optional if you want outgoing to work.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 14, 2024 7:56 AM in response to M-C5140

Do you use VPN? If so, delete the VPN profile in Settings/General/VPN & Device Management/VPN.

Otherwise, go to Settings/Mail/Accounts and tap on the account. Then tap on Outgoing (SMTP) settings and make sure you have a valid username and password entered. Settings for incoming and outgoing email are independent of each other, and both must be set up, even if the Outgoing says “optional” - it isn’t optional if you want outgoing to work.

Updated Iphone to 17.4.1 emails won't send

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.