Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

No headshot?

What is the point of a headshot field, with a shadowy silhouette of a man when I can put my headshot in there? When I try, all I get is cartoon emojis for an option.

Why have the field if I can't update the photo/headshot?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 14.4

Posted on Apr 15, 2024 7:13 AM

10 replies

Apr 15, 2024 1:50 PM in response to Rich Allcorn

Rich Allcorn wrote:

I couldn't "say" this was in community because you corralled me into a MULTIPLE CHOICE ONLY option, and did not give me a real chance to tell you the issue.

I didn't corral you into anything. You posted in the Photos forum and I was asking clarifying questions as your original post wasn't clear. Things more along more quickly if you put the relevant details in your first post.

If what you're actually asking about is your avatar in this community, it has nothing to do with the Photos app. You don't get the option for a custom avatar until you reach Level 3.

Share what you know and get recognized - Apple Support

Apr 15, 2024 7:57 PM in response to Rich Allcorn

Rich Allcorn wrote:

You didn't ... the "system" did. I will NOT allow you to enter your actual situation or need, and the only choices did NOT include my situation. PHOTO was the only choice. It's the system that got me here. It's not your fault.

No, you could have chosen something other than the three choices offered. But, it doesn't matter.

I just don't understand why you show a field for a headshot when one is not allowed.

You can change the avatar to one of the provided options. Until you reach Level 3, you can't create a custom one.

No headshot?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.