Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Health app won't email pdf of ekg. How to get pdf to send through computer instead?

The health app lets me TRY to send the pdf, but it gets hung up in my email box and goes nowhere. How can i obtain the pdf without email since that option fails every time? My cardiologist would love to see these ekgs, but ...

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 15, 2024 8:10 AM

2 replies

Apr 15, 2024 9:47 AM in response to Honest Rob

I understand you use the Share icon in the Health app, and select Mail, which opens the Mail app with that PDF included as an attachment. Attempting to send that email doesn't work. Is that correct?

Can you explain exactly what fails, or in what manner? The reason for asking is that it's just like any other email message with a file attachment. Fixing that particular problem is almost certainly related to some kind of limitation related to the email service provide you're using, so I'd look into that first.

Anyway, since you asked about other options. The Share icon also allows you to use AirDrop, or save it to Files, or send it via the Messages app, print it directly to an AirPrint-enabled printer... those sorts of things.

If you don't mind I'm going to ask the site Hosts to relocate your question to the iPhone Community because I think that's where it needs to go. After taking an EKG, the PDF winds up on your iPhone.

Apr 15, 2024 10:45 AM in response to John Galt

Maybe the pdf is too big for my email provider? Which is possible but annoying as that's the primary way to send. The emails were sitting in an outbox but wouldn't send and when i clicked on them they couldn't attach the pdf.

I ended up messaging it to my wife who saved it to her phone and then was able to email it to me no problem so maybe it's not the email provider... No idea. but thanks for responding!

Health app won't email pdf of ekg. How to get pdf to send through computer instead?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.