iPad Pro 4th Generation can’t use WIRED headphones of any kind. Even with adaptor.

My sound won't play on ipad pro 4th gen through the USB C port. I can charge my iPad Pro but USB C "wired" headphones wont play when plugged in. I’ve used adapters also, no sound. I’ve cleaned the “C” port. It’s up to date on software updates. I’ve tried all my wired headsets on other devices and they all work. My sound works with the speakers and with my wireless earbuds but wireless earbuds run out and sometimes I need my wired ones.

Is this an update problem, an Apple problem or do I need to get that “C” port replaced. It works with EVERYTHING except sound.

iPad Air 2, iPadOS 15

Posted on Apr 15, 2024 2:13 PM

2 replies

Apr 16, 2024 3:36 PM in response to Singerar1

Have you updated your iPad to iPadOS 17.4/17.4.1 ? If so, these versions appear to have some issues with some USB-c devices.

You might be well advised to seek assistance directly from Apple Support - as they may wish to record and escalate as appropriate. You can contact the Support Team using the Support link at top-right or bottom-left of this page. Alternatively, you can initiate and manage your support cases from Apple devices using the excellent Apple Support App. If not already installed, the App can be downloaded from the App Store:

https://apps.apple.com/app/apple-support/id1130498044

Apple also invites submission of comments and bug reports via its Product Feedback portal. For iPad and iPadOS:

Feedback - iPad - Apple

If submitting a Bug Report, ensure that you include details of your iPad model and installed version of iPadOS within the body-text of your report. Don't rely upon the pick-list - as this rarely includes the current versions.

iPad Pro 4th Generation can’t use WIRED headphones of any kind. Even with adaptor.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.