Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

ios 17.4.1 update on iphone 11 pro max - cannot shut off or enter into phone

Hello, my iphone updated ios 17.4.1. I cannot swipe to shut off the phone. When I try to punch in my passcode, the keys go wild - the keys become extremely and too sensitive to the touch. What this means is if you want to punch in one symbol it will punch in many symbols. This same thing happens is if you want to use 'Forget Passcode' and desire to erase the data on your phone. After trying to punch in my password, I tried to select the symbols I don't want and erase all but the ones I don't need. This doesn't work either.

iPhone 5s, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 15, 2024 3:21 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Apr 16, 2024 10:42 AM in response to sberman

I've tried most of the points in the article linked but nothing has worked. I will try to connect my iphone to a Macbook to see if anything changes. An important note: the screen is so sensitive that when I touched the screen and went away only to come back, I saw that I was locked out another 8 hours. It appears that symbols are being punched in now sporadically when I even touch the screen.

ios 17.4.1 update on iphone 11 pro max - cannot shut off or enter into phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.