How do I clear cache in my Safari browser on my Mac mini running Sonoma?

I am having problems trying to book tickets on the Network Rail site although I've done it before Okay. Haven't seen anything saying the site's down. I'm using Safari plus I tried Firefox but had the same problem with this. I've cleared all cookies. Could it be because I need to clear the cache on my Mac Mini 2 running Sonoma 14.3.1? I don't know how to do this. Could someone please help!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Mac mini, macOS 14.3

Posted on Apr 16, 2024 6:17 AM

5 replies

Apr 17, 2024 8:44 AM in response to JanetCato

JanetCato wrote:

Thanks for pointing me in right direction. Looked ⌥ + ⌘ + E up in Wiki where it said refresh a webpage ignoring cache. Tried it but didn't work. Site won't progress from booking to payment page.

That shortcut's just an easy way to empty the caches without navigating to the developer menu:

Wiki also gave Cmd + R for refresh a webpage. That worked but didn't help. Not too sure what you mean by "in focus". Looked up Focus in Settings and it's On. Do I need to do something with that? Have updated to Sonoma 14.4.1.

Sorry, I meant 'focused' in the sense that it's the currently active app (as seen in the top left):

'Focus' is essentially a Do Not Disturb for your device and shouldn't be too important in this instance.

Maybe try quitting Safari (⌘ + Q) and reopening it holding the Shift key. This starts it in 'Safe mode' and prevents extensions from loading, which might help. Failing that, I'd contact the company as it's only their website giving you issues.

Apr 16, 2024 10:19 AM in response to JanetCato

JanetCato wrote:

I am having problems trying to book tickets on the Network Rail site although I've done it before Okay. Haven't seen anything saying the site's down. I'm using Safari plus I tried Firefox but had the same problem with this. I've cleared all cookies. Could it be because I need to clear the cache on my Mac Mini 2 running Sonoma 14.3.1? I don't know how to do this. Could someone please help!

Not sure how helpful it'd be, but clearing the cache can be done by pressing ⌥ + ⌘ + E with Safari open and in focus.

Apr 16, 2024 11:32 PM in response to -Bubba-

Thanks for pointing me in right direction. Looked ⌥ + ⌘ + E up in Wiki where it said refresh a webpage ignoring cache. Tried it but didn't work. Site won't progress from booking to payment page. Wiki also gave Cmd + R for refresh a webpage. That worked but didn't help. Not too sure what you mean by "in focus". Looked up Focus in Settings and it's On. Do I need to do something with that? Have updated to Sonoma 14.4.1.

How do I clear cache in my Safari browser on my Mac mini running Sonoma?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.