Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Yahoo pop up screen on Safari

Does anyone have this strange pop-up on Yahoo home page which impossible to remove? It started this morning.

Also, I can not leave reviews on Google Maps, posts

You must select the stars.

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 10.13

Posted on Apr 16, 2024 4:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2024 1:07 PM

I have the same problem. Number 1. Haven't found any solution. Frustrating. Selecting another country gets rid of it. Not the best solution. Whenever Yahoo selected under Safari it pops up.

Not there using Chrome.

KB

6 replies

Apr 17, 2024 8:46 AM in response to Girshon Rutstein

Girshon Rutstein wrote:

#1. No, I can't close by selecting X
#2. I can't select the star as a blue frame shows up like on the screenshot. I can not even exit the review page. It all yesterday.

Most likely it's an older Safari version, High Sierra, because some of my friends have the same issue, which I found out this morning.
Thank you, Bubba!

Gotcha. I agree, it would appear to be an issue with that version of Safari if others have the same problem.

Apr 16, 2024 8:27 PM in response to Girshon Rutstein

Girshon Rutstein wrote:

Does anyone have this strange pop-up on Yahoo home page which impossible to remove? It started this morning.

At www.yahoo.com? I don't get the popup when browsing that page. Can you close the prompt with the 'X' in the top right? Maybe try selecting your edition with this direct link.

Also, I can not leave reviews on Google Maps, posts

You must select the stars.

Assuming this is on your iMac, are you making sure to just click the star and not drag the cursor at all? You could try pressing the 'Return' key when the star is highlighted.

Apr 17, 2024 1:25 PM in response to kerry_brown

Yahoo developers wanted to help people from other countries by making this annoying popup, "Swelect Edition", without QA checking if the older Safari Browser would have any issues, and sure we do. To get rid of this one there are 2 options,

A) Mozilla Firefox

B) Chrome Legacy, as the newest browser does not support High Sierra

C) Switch to another home news page, and make it as a default,

Yahoo pop up screen on Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.