Google Translate Only knows one language

I use google translate mostly for English to Chinese and Chinese to English and this past week a problem showed up, There are two ways to speak into the English input. 1) tap the "Enter text: field and the microphone shows up in the lower right corner, tap the microphone and you get the field with the dotted lines that respond to your voice. Also check that it is in the proper input language by tapping the small "world" icon in the lower left corner. When I speak in in this way the English display output is a) English but incorrect (I say " I bought a new car" and the input display reads "iPad" the Chinese output characters re translated translated it as "more screen shots", or all Chinese characters or a mixture of English words and Chinese Characters and the Chinese translation is not accurate. hence the problem. The other method uses the large blue microphone button at the bottom of screen, this translates properly when spoken to.

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 17, 2024 7:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2024 7:18 AM

Apple doesn't own Google Translate. If it's not working as you think it should, contact Google for help.

Similar questions

3 replies

Google Translate Only knows one language

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.