Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot switch between dictation languages on iPadOS 16.2

Apple update/upgrade diseases iPadOS 16.2 (worked until 15.7.2 at least) 

Accessibility features:

Onscreen keyboard

After pressing the microphone button: Dictation time-period for German is only three seconds, after these three seconds, English drops in and writes, what the system has phonetically understood of my German words, but in English. Result is mixed sentence: first some German words, then English. Somewhere in Apple documentation this time-period  was specified to last for 30 seconds.

Cannot switch between dictation languages (English to German and back) by toggling the microphone button.

Furthermore:

Saying "zoom down" has the same effect as saying "Zoom up" (minor problem) 

IPad does not react on command "hey siri", sometimes it is after saying "lock screen" 

On some websites it does happen that saying "scroll Down" does not [scroll Down]

Reboot out of the blue

Favorites in safari are sorted in an own -let's say apple specific - way, but for the normal one definitely not sorted 

This is a short description with minimal use case information. Further information will be provided if desired.

Proposal: introduction of a new descriptive tag for every update: "renders the system un-/usable"

I thought with Version 16.2 beta testing is over.

Thanks to the community for possible help.

Michael

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad Pro, iPadOS 16

Posted on Jan 28, 2023 1:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2023 1:02 PM

Complaining to other users is a waste of time; instead, address your concern with Apple. We cannot do anything about how a company issues initial releases or updates. And, if you do not like or care about their decisions, there are other platforms or apply for a position and implement it better yourself.

Similar questions

8 replies

Jan 28, 2023 2:13 PM in response to Apparentlybetatester

Proposal: introduction of a new descriptive tag for every update: "renders the system un-/usable"

I thought with Version 16.2 beta testing is over.

Apple may warn seed testers of bugs, but does not in public releases (that I know of).

And, beta testing never really stops - it may be finished with the public release of 16.2 as an example, but testing for 16.3 will be going on on the background.

As for your problem, I do not use dictation, so I cannot help here.

Jan 29, 2023 2:38 PM in response to babowa

Thanks for your suggestions, I will contact them, if possible. They pointed me to this forum directly out of the System. I didn't mean to offend anyone, no one who is buying or using Apple, certainly not anyone helping others with Apple. So, sorry if I did. There are better systems as you already stated. But iPads excel at certain use cases.

I cannot switch between dictation languages on iPadOS 16.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.