Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Safari Autofill Routinely Changes Expiration of Credit Cards

Hello, for a few years now every time I use autofill on my computer my credit cards (ALL of them) always have their expiration dates change one month earlier. I thought it was just a glitch on my computer but I bought a new computer and didn't transfer anything from my old one and it is still doing it. There are no extensions on my Safari, I have deleted cards and re-added them, I have added completely new cards, and it happens on the phone as well as the computer as well as all websites where I use autofill. This glitch happens to all 10 of my credit cards in Safari. Googling this issue it seems to be a very very common problem with no answer. Please fix the glitch. I keep having purchased declined if I forget to check the expiration date or not.

Would be great if apple could deal with this now.

MacBook Air (M3, 2024)

Posted on Apr 17, 2024 7:39 AM

1 reply

Apr 18, 2024 1:18 PM in response to kateinabox

Thanks for your post kateinabox. I am having the same problem. Last month I updated them all and double checked to make sure they were correct. A week later I checked them again and they were all still correct so I thought I was in good shape and it was all just a weird anomaly. However, today I got rejected when purchasing something online. When I looked into the reason I confirmed it was Safari credit card autofill reverted my expiration date back a month (same as you). I then checked my other 5 credit cards and all of them have reverted back one month. Very odd. I'm trying to figure out if this issue is tied to an event (ex: rebooting, updating software, etc.) but so far I have nothing. Sorry I'm unable to assist you at this time, but wanted to chime in so you know you're not alone!

I would also love to have Apple look at this.

Safari Autofill Routinely Changes Expiration of Credit Cards

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.