Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

My MacBook Pro will not turn on sometimes

MacBook Pro A1466

The unit does not turn on. I have done all the usual suggestions, the battery is charged, the connection is green. If I disconnect the battery then reconnect and try, it's fine, even if it sleeps. But if I turn it off it will not turn on again. Any ideas welcome

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Apr 17, 2024 1:06 PM

7 replies

Apr 20, 2024 7:53 AM in response to Kellers2

Your best bet would be to take it somewhere where they have lots of spare power adapters laying around, and have technicians who put their hands on these Macs, all day ever day.

if you have an Apple-owned store available, you appointment for an evaluation is FREE, in warranty or out!

For Apple Authorized Service Providers, they may charge an "evaluation fee", so that you do not consume their expensive technician time with frivolous problems.

Apr 18, 2024 6:05 AM in response to Kellers2

That computer is a battery-CAPABLE device. It is not optimized as a battery-operated device. (It is NOT an iPhone.)

In general, you should ALWAYS connect AC power when it is possible to do so, and only run on batteries (which could be somewhat slower) when no AC sources are at hand. Your Mac will NEVER over-charge.

Will the computer power on WITH the Power adapter connected?

My MacBook Pro will not turn on sometimes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.