Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

iOS update 17.4.1 freestyle Libre sensor 3

iOS 17.41 update are you going fix Topic Libre sensor 3 this is crucial to my health any help

iPhone 12, iOS 17

Posted on Apr 17, 2024 3:22 PM

1 reply

Apr 23, 2024 5:22 PM in response to Kimmie7531

After contacting both Apple support and Libre3 support, I have found out that this is not an Apple issue, EXCEPT, that Apple purposely locks users into updating to only the most current iOS no matter what effect it has on customer's health. I was told by Apple that they couldn't care less about users and that Libre3 needs to update their app. Unfortunately the FDA is in charge of app certification and they take their time with certifications. While Apple COULD allow Libre3 users to update to the most current compatible iOS, they specifically choose not to. So it's not a question of fixing iOS 17.4.1, it's actually a question about allowing Libre3 users to install one of the compatible updates.

Also, you MUST turn off automatic updates to prevent iOS updates from breaking your Libre3. However, if you don't update to a compatible iOS version before the next iOS version, you will be stuck with a non-working Libre3 because, as I said before, Apple has specifically told me that they do NOT care about me or my health. They say that if Libre3 users have a health crisis, that's our problem not theirs. I'm only reporting the facts here, this is what I was told. So, we have to wait for Abbott to update their app or switch to Android where they care enough about customers to allow them to update their compatible phone to a compatible OS version, even if it's not the latest.

I hope that helps.

iOS update 17.4.1 freestyle Libre sensor 3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.