My phone got stuck on recovery mode and my photos are not backed up

Hi! The screen of my phone is messed up--some parts of it are not responding. Numbers 2 and 3 cannot be clicked and these numbers are part of my passcode. I tried to reset my passcode but now I'm on a 'Swipe up to recover' screen where it still asks for a passcode.

Now, I'm scared that I will lose all my photos if I get this screen fixed and proceed with recovering the phone. I don't upgrade my icloud (now I've learned my lesson already), I just wanna know if there's a way for me to still get my photos and videos.

1. I tried to connect my phone on my mac so that I can sync my photos using iTunes, but my phone is not showing on my mac. (Is it because the phone is on recovery mode? But I got this idea from someone on reddit, she connected her phone that's on recovery mode to sync the data. Maybe there's smth wrong on what I'm doing ?????? idk help)
  2. Or is there a way for me to still recover my photos after the recovery screen? Remember that I don't have it on icloud.

please heeeelp, I would really appreciate any responses. THANK YOUU

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Apr 18, 2024 2:07 AM

1 reply

My phone got stuck on recovery mode and my photos are not backed up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.