Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Pairing hearing aids with Apple Watch

i have a new Apple Watch and Signia hearing aids. I’m just finding out that I can not pair them to be able to answer a call on my watch and hear the call on my hearing aids the same as my iPhone. This is a key issue for me when driving. Unfortunately I didn’t know this before buying my watch. What brands will pair successfully? Or, has anyone been able to find a work around for Signia?

Apple Watch Series 9, watchOS 10

Posted on Apr 18, 2024 6:26 AM

3 replies

Apr 18, 2024 11:13 PM in response to Barb@46

Hi Barb@46,

welcome to the Apple (User-to-user) Community!

Re: Pairing (Signia) hearing aids with Apple Watch

Am no expert in this area, yet your questions surely deserve some response, and perhaps others will join in.

Wondering if your Signia Hearing Aids are on the list of "Made for iPhone" Compatible Aids (Link below) :

List of Made for iPhone hearing devices - Apple Support

If so, : Use Made for iPhone hearing devices - Apple Support has trouble-shooting tips at the bottom:

Eg: scroll to: "If you need help :

Try these solutions if your hearing device doesn't connect or work as expected."

The hearing aid manufacturer may have info. or instructions on their website, or maybe there is an app you can use : their Support Team may have relevant. information

You may want to contact the people who sold you the hearing aids, or your hearing professional, for any advice they can give.

In Apple Support's online article: Use hearing devices with iPhone - Apple Support

you can scroll to: "Use your hearing devices with more than one device" for tips.

There are non-Apple articles available online, like the one below that may or may not be helpful:

https://www.healthyhearing.com/report/53487-Using-your-hearing-aids-with-your-apple-watch

There are: Accessibility audio settings on Apple Watch - Apple Support

If needed: Apple's Accessibility Support Website

(NB: You can "Get Support" from the link at the bottom of their website:)

Accessibility Support - Official Apple Support

Hope something here is helpful to you :-)

Apr 19, 2024 5:26 AM in response to brbo

Thanks for info. My Signia hearing aids work fine with my iPhone. The Healthy Hearing link was useful. However my issue is the fact that when I answer a call on my watch while driving when my phone is not immediately accessible the call does not transfer to the Signia hearing aids. The sound comes out of the watch which is not as clear as if it went to my aids. I have contacted the manufacturer and dealer but it appears this ability is missing. Other brands do transfer as far as I gather from other online reports but have not verified that information directly.

Pairing hearing aids with Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.