Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Using Safari, constant "webpage was reloaded because it was using significant memory"

On several sites from ScienceDaily, to New York Times, to many other sites, I will be reading along in an article, scrolling past ad after ad, when suddenly the page will reload and return to the beginning of the article. A message at the top of the window will read "This webpage was reloaded because it is using significant memory." I am using a MacBook Air with the latest software updates as of April 18, 2024 at 10:54 am ET. It is becoming so problematic that I'm seeing if Firefox or other browsers will serve better. But I would prefer to use the browser native for MacOS!

MacBook Air, macOS 14.4

Posted on Apr 18, 2024 7:55 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Apr 18, 2024 6:32 PM in response to Molecularpenguin1

Molecularpenguin1 wrote:

On several sites from ScienceDaily, to New York Times, to many other sites, I will be reading along in an article, scrolling past ad after ad, when suddenly the page will reload and return to the beginning of the article. A message at the top of the window will read "This webpage was reloaded because it is using significant memory." I am using a MacBook Air with the latest software updates as of April 18, 2024 at 10:54 am ET. It is becoming so problematic that I'm seeing if Firefox or other browsers will serve better. But I would prefer to use the browser native for MacOS!

Check and see what Safari version you're using (Safari > About Safari). An update might fix that.

Using Safari, constant "webpage was reloaded because it was using significant memory"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.