Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

lost uploaded files on itunes

I haven't used iTunes in years but today, on a new PC (the old one sadly died!), I tried to access my library only to find that ALL the CD files and laboriously recorded vinyl LPs I uploaded have disappeared completely. Equally sadly I no longer have the CDs or vinyl LPs, as I foolishly assumed that having loaded them onto iTunes I no longer needed them!! Is there anything I can do to retrieve my (apparently) lost library of 60's, 70's, 80's & 90's albums?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Apr 18, 2024 9:28 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Apr 18, 2024 10:31 AM in response to GaryG1954

Hi,

Music added to iTunes on one computer does not automatically transfer to a new computer. See Move your iTunes library to a new computer - Apple Community

If you subscribed to iTunes Match or Apple Music, your music would be added to your iCloud Music library and such music would be available for you to stream or download on other computers.

Did you keep backup of your music or can you recover the music from your old computer?

Jim

Apr 22, 2024 3:55 AM in response to GaryG1954

Hi,

The iTunes/ Music library has never automatically backed up music to the Cloud.

iTunes Match and Apple Music (both subscription service) match or upload music to iCloud Music. Whilst you have the ability to redownload your music to new computers with an active subscription, they are not considered to be back up services and separate backups are recommended.

Is it possible that you can recover the music from the old hard drive? Do you have an iPod or iOS device that has your music?

Previous iTunes Purchases can be re-downloaded. Redownload music – Apple Support (UK)

Jim

lost uploaded files on itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.