Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Restoring Corrupted Photos Transferred to PC (incorrectly)

I was trying to bring photos from my phone to my PC. My typical (and ill advised) method is to connect my phone to the computer with a USB cable and to use the windows file explorer to cut the photos from my phone, then to paste them to the desired location on my PC. When I Pasted the photos to the folder I wanted them in, at least half of them had 0 bytes of associated data. To make things worse, because I Cut instead of Copied the photos, they're gone from my phone. To make them even worse, I hadn't backed them up in quite a while. The photos in question were taken today, cut today, and pasted today. Is there a way for me to either un-corrupt them on my PC or to restore them on my phone?

iPhone 12, iOS 17

Posted on Apr 18, 2024 11:39 AM

1 reply

Apr 18, 2024 2:23 PM in response to hncampbe

hncampbe wrote:

I was trying to bring photos from my phone to my PC. My typical (and ill advised) method is to connect my phone to the computer with a USB cable and to use the windows file explorer to cut the photos from my phone, then to paste them to the desired location on my PC. When I Pasted the photos to the folder I wanted them in, at least half of them had 0 bytes of associated data. To make things worse, because I Cut instead of Copied the photos, they're gone from my phone. To make them even worse, I hadn't backed them up in quite a while. The photos in question were taken today, cut today, and pasted today. Is there a way for me to either un-corrupt them on my PC or to restore them on my phone?

trash folder on your pc.

Restoring Corrupted Photos Transferred to PC (incorrectly)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.