disable rosetta

For use of tethering within Lightroom (ver 13.2) I activated Rosetta on my Mac Studio M1 version. My Nikon Z8 couldn't fire a shot so I switched to original Nikon software. Now I would like to disable Rosetta but was not able by using the support file which stated using terminal. I could not find in the library the mentioned Rosetta files and therefore could not disable them. I'm not familiar with terminal and code, so I'm anxious to destroy my good working installation.

In my (Dutch) Lightroom version it is written: Rosetta emulation mode on. Is there a simple switch to turn it off? I uploaded 388 photographs and it took more than 1,5 hour to import the whole map. It wasn't that slow before Rosetta. Please give me some clues.

Posted on Apr 18, 2024 3:36 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Apr 18, 2024 6:43 PM in response to ha_we_marknesse

use the last section of this article to turn off Rosetta for that ONE application, if possible. if not possible, you will need to obtain an updated version of the Lightroom software. Here is an example of what that looks like:

Look in this article under the heading "Does your App need rosetta?"

If you need to install Rosetta on your Mac - Apple Support

Apr 18, 2024 4:26 PM in response to ha_we_marknesse

if you disable rosetta emulation, the software that is using it will not run AT ALL.

Check for version an updated of Lightroom that supports Apple-silicon Mac processors DIRECTLY, or is sold as "universal", which means it has both intel binaries and Apple-silicon binaries inside, and the correct one is selected automatically at run-time.

Apr 18, 2024 6:15 PM in response to ha_we_marknesse

I don't think it's a good idea to disable Rosetta system-wide. I also don't see why you would want to do that.

If you're on an Apple Silicon Mac and you're talking about an Intel-only application, Rosetta 2 is the only thing that would let you run that application. If you disabled Rosetta 2 somehow, you would not be able to run the application at all. If your goal was to get an Apple-Silicon-native version of the application, you would need to get one from the developer … disabling Rosetta 2 wouldn't magically convert an Intel binary into an Apple Silicon one.

If you're on an Apple Silicon Mac and you're talking about an Apple-Silicon-only application, Rosetta 2 would not come into play. It might be on the system, because of having been needed for another application, but the system would just run the Apple-Silicon-native application directly.

If you have an application with a Universal 2 binary that contains both Intel code and Apple Silicon code, you can go into the application's Get Info box and choose whether to run it natively, or to run the Intel version using Rosetta 2. No need to disable Rosetta 2 system-wide. Just set your preference for that application via the user interface that Apple has provided for that purpose.

disable rosetta

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.