Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Is there a way to recover photos from an iPhone 15?

My sister died suddenly. She has tons of great pictures with her kids. I have access to her phone but can’t download apps since it requires facial recognition. It also want me to update payment method which I can’t be my card is in my name. Is there anyway to get these photos? I really want to save them as her kids are young and I’m sure would appreciate them when older?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 15 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Apr 18, 2024 3:23 PM

4 replies

Apr 18, 2024 6:47 PM in response to Reno301

Reno301 wrote:

My sister died suddenly. She has tons of great pictures with her kids. I have access to her phone but can’t download apps since it requires facial recognition. It also want me to update payment method which I can’t be my card is in my name. Is there anyway to get these photos? I really want to save them as her kids are young and I’m sure would appreciate them when older?

Sorry to hear about your sister. Your best bet is to formally request access with the relevant documents.

How to request access to a deceased family member's Apple account - Apple Support

Apr 19, 2024 8:08 AM in response to Reno301

Reno301 wrote: I have access to her phone but can’t download apps since it requires facial recognition.

In Settings you can search for "Face ID" and then a list with "Face ID & Password" will come up. Choose that, and then you will have to enter your sister's passcode, which I take it you have. Then you can turn off facial recognition for "iTunes & App Store" as well as other apps and things. That should work for turning things off, but to turn things on, you might need her Apple ID.

Is there a way to recover photos from an iPhone 15?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.