Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Airplay not working properly

Hello I have a 2014 macbook air, iOS Sonoma 14.4.1. I am having difficulty using Airplay. I have tried all the rebooting remedies, forgetting network, forget on TV airplay settings and redo everything. I am trying to use Airplay on Hisense u558h TV. Is this a problem on apples end or on hisesne tv end? So music does play when streamed to tv from macbook and iphone. Videos will not play. On TV in airplay mode, it says connected macbook but when i go to play a video it will not play. It is a .mp4 file and the hisense tv supports that file format. Than i try screen mirroring but the quality of the picture on the tv isnt good at all. Played around with display resolution but perhaps this is the tv's problem. Than i try to play the video, use TV as a separate monitor. Drag video to the TV side. Now the video is extremely choppy. It plays perfectly on macbook. I have seen some posts about this issue but havent really seen a resolution. When using screen mirroring im directly in front of TV and wifi router is right here as well. No distance or walls to block any signals

MacBook Air 15″, macOS 14.4

Posted on Apr 18, 2024 5:07 PM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Airplay not working properly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.