Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Home automation issue

Until recently my automations worked fine. Now one which is a light to turn on 1hr after sunset will not turn on. The device turns on and off from the “home” tab but when on the “automation” tab the device will not turn on or off when I tap on it and toggle it on/off, and when I tap “test this automation “ nothing happens. The automation to turn it off DOES work as well as an automation to turn it on and off in the morning.

any thoughts on how to fix it? I deleted and re added the automation and didn’t help.

thank you b

Posted on Apr 18, 2024 7:30 PM

1 reply

Apr 18, 2024 11:15 PM in response to mickeddie

its strange it will go off but not come on. I would have suggested to delete the automation completely and add a new one but you’ve done that. What type of lights are these? I use Hue and prefer to use the Hue App to run automations as opposed to the Home App.

• It may be related to wifi connection not working as well at this time of night due to congestion on the lines. Rebooting your wifi modem might help.
  • sometimes bulbs require a software update that would be indicated to perform in the manufacturer’s app.
  • There’s the option to delete the bulb then add it again.
  • Try the new automation with a different time or try just sunset.

Home automation issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.