Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Using a Magic Keyboard with a 2012 Mac Mini A1342

I have an old Mac Mini A1342 that came with a Trackpad A1339 and a keyboard A????. The keyboard died of old age, and I replaced it with a Magic Keyboard A2450. The A1339 trackpad uses two AA Batteries and has an on-off switch on the right back, plus a green LED that comes on briefly after turning on. The Magic Keyboard requires charging with a lightning cable ever month or so and has an on-off switch on the back.

I forget how I got the Bluetooth connection set up in the first place. When I have such problems I always call Apple Support, and they have always solved the problem very fast. I also have a MacBook Pro 2016, an iPad, and an iphone 13 Pro. I am a photographer and bought the Pro model for it's four superior camera (Three on the back and one on the front for selfies). The back cameras have 11 MPix resolution, which is enough for most applications. The newer iphone has 48MPix cameras, which may or may not provide better quality (Higher resolution but probably more noise, especially in low-light and hot conditions). It will also take up more storage space, which is a con) The iphone cameras also provide a rich set of metadata (Data about the data, such as GPS location, pointing information, etc, but getting at the data requires a computer with Adobe Photoshop or a similar application) Apple has a superior overall ecosystem and excellent support.

MacBook Pro (2017 – 2020)

Posted on Apr 18, 2024 9:54 PM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Using a Magic Keyboard with a 2012 Mac Mini A1342

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.