Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Can’t create Apple music profile

I can’t create an apple music profile. When i click on the profile icon the only options are Notifs, Redeem gift card, Apple music tv web player, and settings. I have all the correct settings turned on, i’m 18+, i don’t have any family restrictions, so i don’t know why i can’t create a profile. I’ve restarted my phone, my phone is up to date, i’ve reinstalled, i’m not sure what’s left to try. I’m also unable to view my friends profiles either.

iPhone XS, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 18, 2024 10:34 PM

2 replies

Apr 19, 2024 5:47 PM in response to josiem5912

Re: "Can’t create Apple music profile" "I’m also unable to view my friends profiles either".

You may want to check that your Phone is updated to the newest compatible iOS version:

ie: to check if an update is waiting for installation: Check : Settings > General > Software update.

or

If already updated to the newest compatible iOS version: try re-starting your iPhone (deletes temporary files, re-establishes connections, and often restores order if something is not working as expected):

See how to: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

You can check how to create a profile in Apple Support's online article (link below)

See what your friends are listening to - Apple Support

Eg: says:

Create a profile

When you first open Music, you’re asked to set up a profile and start following friends.

If you skipped this step, you can set up a profile at any time.

1. Tap Home, then tap .
  2. Tap Start Sharing with Friends.
  3. Friends can now follow you.

To: View your profile

1. Tap Home, then tap or your profile picture.
  2. Tap View Profile at the top of the screen.

If needed: Music Support Website: (info. / support / contact options etc.

Music - Official Apple Support

Can’t create Apple music profile

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.