Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Scrolling with bluetooth mouse on 10th Gen iPad doesn't always work when AssistiveTouch is enabled

I've purchased this mouse from Amazon, a cimetech Bluetooth Mouse, Wireless Rechargeable Mouse, LED Silent Computer Mice with Dual Mode (Bluetooth 5.1 and 2.4G), Compatible with iPad, Laptop, PC, Mac, Windows (Black)

It pairs up with no issues on my Gen 10 iPad. iPad is running OS 17.4.1.

I used AssistiveTouch to configure button 3 so that clicking it goes to the Home screen.

But, for some reason, scrolling will constantly stop working if AssistiveTouch is turned on.

Sometimes scrolling stops working and then works again a little later. This is very unproductive and annoying! But no matter what, if AssistiveTouch is turned on, then scrolling is intermittent and unreliable.

The moment AssistiveTouch is turned off, scrolling works again and has zero problems.

But without AssistiveTouch I cannot use my customized Home button 3 shortcut.

I've searched and only found older posts, nothing current on this issue. I have done general unpair/repair etc. troubleshooting with no luck.

Can anyone help?

iPad, iPadOS 17

Posted on Apr 19, 2024 6:32 AM

There are no replies.

Scrolling with bluetooth mouse on 10th Gen iPad doesn't always work when AssistiveTouch is enabled

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.