Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Is there an easier way to switch between MacBook Pro and iPad during a Keynote presentation?

I give a lot of presentations to large groups. I use my Macbook Pro for the Keynote presentation. Most of the presentations are projected onto a screen using a projector or onto a flat screen such as a TV. Usually, all of this is done through an HDMI cable.

Often people in the audience will have a technical question that can be better illustrated by writing out the solution or an example. For this, I like to use my iPad with the Notability app. Is there a way to seamlessly switch from the Macbook to the iPad through the HDMI without needing to unplug the HDMI to the Mac and plug the HDMI into the iPad? I also don't want to back out of the Keynote presentation. Would like this to be more seamless by going from projecting one device to the other without needing to disconnect and re-connect the HDMI.

[Re-Titled By Moderator]

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.7

Posted on Apr 19, 2024 8:20 AM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Is there an easier way to switch between MacBook Pro and iPad during a Keynote presentation?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.