Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

My Apple Watch 6 keeps switching to the “SOS” face without any prompt

My Apple Watch 6 keeps switching to the “SOS” face without any prompt! Why is this?

[Re-Titled By Moderator]

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 9

Posted on Apr 19, 2024 9:34 AM

1 reply

Apr 19, 2024 3:03 PM in response to App-watch-user

Getting the press and release timing just right can be an issue. You can make it more reliable by changing: Apple Watch -> Settings -> Accessibility -> Side Button Click Speed After changing this I never accidentally get the Emergency Services display. “Side Button Click Speed” can adjust the press and release timing, so you get the Control Center display every time. Adjusting The "Side Button Click Speed" is also useful for Apple Pay’s double press and release. There is “Default” (sub second press and release timing needed), “Slow” (up to a second between press and release), and “Slowest” (up to 2 seconds between press and release). I like the “Slow” setting. And as I said, I do not accidentally get the wrong display. NOTE: Slow and Slowest settings do not mean you have to wait a full second or 2 seconds between press and release. It just means you do not need to be super fast.

My Apple Watch 6 keeps switching to the “SOS” face without any prompt

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.