Apple Watch Series 8 watch face

Why does my series 8 watch face keep switching between black and white? How do I stop it from doing so?

Apple Watch Series 8

Posted on Apr 20, 2023 8:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2023 10:13 AM

I'm going to assume you're using Always on, with a face, which when your watch is on, it has a white background, but with Always On, when the watch is not active, the white background goes black. This would be completely normal and is a battery saving feature as to keep the face white all the time would eat up your battery pretty fast. You can choose a different color combination for just about all the watch faces.

Here is a link on how to customize watch faces on Apple Watch --> Customize the watch face - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 20, 2023 10:13 AM in response to Springhassprung

I'm going to assume you're using Always on, with a face, which when your watch is on, it has a white background, but with Always On, when the watch is not active, the white background goes black. This would be completely normal and is a battery saving feature as to keep the face white all the time would eat up your battery pretty fast. You can choose a different color combination for just about all the watch faces.

Here is a link on how to customize watch faces on Apple Watch --> Customize the watch face - Apple Support

May 9, 2024 9:37 AM in response to Springhassprung

My Apple 8 watch started switching from the screen display coloring and look I chose to a solid green background with black displays on the same settings I had chosen. I lucked into fixing it by going into mywatch on my iPhone, choosing accessibility, and Display and Brightness. In there I went to Wake on Crown Rotation and switched it to on. Now it maintains the display coloring I chose when I move my wrist around. No idea why this works or what I did to change it, but for now I’m happy.

Apple Watch Series 8 watch face

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.