Always on display not working

My watch has always been in “always on” display mode. Now all I have is a black face unless I tap the watch. It is a series 8.

Posted on Nov 5, 2023 6:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2023 4:08 PM

I found that I had somehow turned on "Theatre Mode" which overirides the "always on" setting. From the main display swipe up from the bottom until you see the Theatre Mode icon (sad/happy masks). Click it to turn it off. In the off position the masks will change from a bright color to a dull color.

If you do not see the "theatre mode" by swiping up from the watch face screen then press the crown and scroll down the list of items in the "Control Center" until you find "Theatre Mode". Click it to change the setting.

That solved it for me.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 14, 2023 4:08 PM in response to KairosBill48

I found that I had somehow turned on "Theatre Mode" which overirides the "always on" setting. From the main display swipe up from the bottom until you see the Theatre Mode icon (sad/happy masks). Click it to turn it off. In the off position the masks will change from a bright color to a dull color.

If you do not see the "theatre mode" by swiping up from the watch face screen then press the crown and scroll down the list of items in the "Control Center" until you find "Theatre Mode". Click it to change the setting.

That solved it for me.

Always on display not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.