Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

iPhone 12 overheating

my iPhone 12 heats up a lot, I felt this gradually increasing and not from an update but apps like Instagram, YouTube hear my phone enough to make my hands sweat, I cant play any games, games like subway surfers heat it up to point that I can’t hold and higher demanding games won’t run for more than a minute before lagging or crashing. My phone being more than 3 years old still has 84% battery health but it has over 800 charge cycles and I usually charge up to 60 and drain it to 0 and played a lot of games during the lockdown. Up to 85 it deceased in just a year, but for the past two years it went down only 1. I think I should replace the battery it it is a bit too expensive for it to not work. I don’t care about battery capacity just the fact that I can’t play games on it. Should I replace the battery? Or is there any other fixes

iPhone 12, iOS 17

Posted on Apr 19, 2024 10:09 AM

2 replies

Apr 19, 2024 10:16 AM in response to Roshan_1801

Draining your battery to 0 is a bad thing to do with a Lion Battery. Your battery is very close to needing to be replaced as once it gets to 80% Battery Health its time for a new battery. And the apps you using with a battery in your phones battery condition, will surely make it work even harder, which will naturally generate more heat.

I'd schedule an appointment at your Apple Store Genius bar and pay Apple to replace the battery at this point.

iPhone 12 overheating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.