Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

How to fix my MacBook Air's edit photo button showing grey and not clickable issue

It will be very random and sometimes let me and sometimes not let me. But basically whenever I go to edit a photo in finder and open it up to edit it, the edit button is grey and will not let me click it. What can I do to fix this?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Apr 19, 2024 3:29 PM

2 replies

Apr 19, 2024 11:21 PM in response to Roberto5588

Roberto5588 Said:

"edit photo button is grey (not clickable) on my MacBook air: It will be very random and sometimes let me and sometimes not let me. But basically whenever I go to edit a photo in finder and open it up to edit it, the edit button is grey and will not let me click it. What can I do to fix this?"

-------

Provide a Screenshot:

Can you provide a screenshot of this? I see no option to "Edit" option when right-clicking on the icon while in finder. Go here: Take Screenshots or Screen Recordings on Mac - Apple Support. IMPORTANT: Blank out personal info (i.e. names and time) by covering it will red-colored rectangles and such through use of the Photos app.

Screenshot:

How to fix my MacBook Air's edit photo button showing grey and not clickable issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.