Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

How to connect magic keyboard to iPad Air 12.5.7

I am NEW to iPad anything. I have a 12.5.7 Air. Reading about the Magic Keyboard and wondering???? what it is? I have a keyboard along with iPad but it doesn't connect like the one in the picture. It just connects..open/closes. Maybe my model doesn't have it. Thought I'd ask. I have so many questions about the general options on my iPad. Such as..in the Interaction section. I really don't understand what some of the actions are. How can I get a complete explanation? I do not have the booklet that came with it, mom gave it to me. Just trying to learn. Thank you

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Apr 19, 2024 8:19 PM

2 replies

Apr 21, 2024 9:56 AM in response to Starname

With iOS 12.5.7 installed, you have a first generation iPad Air. The iPad Air1 does not have the Smart Connector with which to connect an Apple Magic or Smart (folio) keyboard to the iPad.

Details of the Smart Connector can be found in this Support article:

Use Smart Keyboard Folio - Apple Support

While you will not be able to use an Apple Magic or Smart keyboard with your iPad Air1, your iPad does support connection to either a wired USB Keyboard (for which will require a Lightning to USB Adapter) - or wirelessly using one of many Bluetooth Keyboards that are available.

How to connect magic keyboard to iPad Air 12.5.7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.