I want to turn off stolen protection and it’s not letting me

it will not turn off stolen protection

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 21, 2024 8:10 AM

3 replies

Apr 22, 2024 4:54 AM in response to Bunnygolucky

If you're having trouble turning off the stolen protection feature on your iPhone, it's important to understand that this feature, often referred to as Activation Lock, is designed to prevent unauthorized use of your device if it's lost or stolen. Disabling it without proper authorization can be difficult for security reasons.

Here are a few steps you can take to address this issue:

1. Check Ownership: Ensure that you are the rightful owner of the device and that it is not linked to someone else's Apple ID. Activation Lock cannot be turned off without the associated Apple ID and password.

2. Sign In to iCloud: If the device is linked to your Apple ID, make sure you're signed in to iCloud with the same Apple ID that was used to enable Find My iPhone. You can do this in the Settings app under your name at the top of the screen, then tap "iCloud" to sign in.

3. Disable Find My iPhone: Activation Lock is tied to the Find My iPhone feature. To disable it, go to Settings > [Your Name] > Find My > Find My iPhone, and toggle off the switch. You will need to enter your Apple ID password to confirm.

4. Erase the Device: If you're unable to disable Activation Lock through normal means, you may need to erase the device and set it up again as a new device. To do this, go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. Keep in mind that this will erase all data on the device, so make sure you have a backup if needed.

5. Contact Apple Support: If you're still unable to disable Activation Lock or if you suspect there may be a problem with the device, you can contact Apple Support for further assistance. They may be able to help you troubleshoot the issue or provide guidance on next steps.

I want to turn off stolen protection and it’s not letting me

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.