Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Why does Apple Podcasts Drain my battery to zero in under 3 hrs?

I bought the 14 Plus over the Pro/ Pro Max because it bragged about how long the battery lasted. Which is true. I stream podcasts 10-12-14 hours @ work. Using any other app the phone operates fine but using Apple podcast app the battery will drain down to 20% or less in under three hours and the phone will overheat most of the time so it’s really frustrating because I was a subscriber to some of the channels and you can only subscribe through Apple so I was paying for subscriptions I couldn’t access and having to listen on a different app with commercials when purposely paid for the version without commercials. Anybody else experience this? And my battery is only covered under warranty when the maximum capacity is down to 80% so it’s a useless warranty if I have to wait until the phones not performing very well to be able to get my battery worked on under warranty not warranty, but the Apple care insurance thing, it just doesn’t make sense that it’s only that app

Posted on Apr 21, 2024 8:44 AM

1 reply

Apr 24, 2024 6:20 AM in response to Special_Monkey

Firstly, it's essential to ensure that the Apple Podcasts app is up to date. Sometimes, software bugs or inefficiencies in older app versions can lead to excessive battery drain and overheating. Updating to the latest version of the app may help alleviate these issues.

Another potential factor to consider is the content being streamed. Certain podcasts or episodes may require more processing power or network resources to stream, leading to increased battery usage. You might try listening to different podcasts or episodes to see if the issue persists across all content.

Background processes or syncing activities related to the Apple Podcasts app could also contribute to battery drain and overheating. Ensure that background app refresh is appropriately configured in your device settings and consider disabling unnecessary background processes for the Podcasts app.

Moreover, network conditions can impact battery usage, especially if you're streaming content over cellular data rather than Wi-Fi. If possible, try using Wi-Fi instead of cellular data to stream podcasts and monitor whether this affects battery consumption.

If the issue persists despite these efforts, it may be worth reaching out to Official Apple Support for further assistance. They can provide personalized troubleshooting guidance and may be able to identify any underlying issues specific to your device or app configuration. Additionally, if the battery drain is severe and impacting your device's performance, they can advise on potential solutions or escalate the matter for further investigation.

Why does Apple Podcasts Drain my battery to zero in under 3 hrs?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.