Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

I have been unable to search the YouTube app on my Apple TV

I have been trying to use the side button on the remote to search within YouTube, however the search results disappear as soon as I depress the mic button on remote, making it impossible to use the voice feature.

I have alternatively tried to use my iphone to search within YouTube, but the text input only lets me input a few characters before it automatically closes the text input box and searches for whatever 3-5 letter word was input.

These are small, yet very annoying problems that I hope will disappear with a future update...

[Edited by Moderator]

Apple TV 4K (3rd generation)

Posted on Apr 21, 2024 11:45 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Apr 23, 2024 4:09 AM in response to telsonmedia

Reddit is filled with people having this issue. It has persisted for months, if not years. Some people have reported that reinstalling the app fixes it, but for most it has not. Others find that removing all remotes and devices from their Apple TV settings works, though some have also had to disconnect their devices from their WiFi. Good luck, and know you’re not alone 🫠

I have been unable to search the YouTube app on my Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.