Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Lost Control of Apple Podcast

When I play a podcast on my IPhone 15, through my HomePods, why do I loose control in the podcast app? I have to go to Apple Home to rewind the program or shut off the podcast. A second version of the podcast starts on my phone. Annoying!

iPhone 15, iOS 17

Posted on Apr 21, 2024 1:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2024 6:17 AM

One possible solution to this issue is to check the settings on both your iPhone and HomePods to ensure they are configured correctly for playback control. Start by verifying that both your iPhone and HomePods are running the latest software updates, as this can often resolve compatibility issues.

Next, make sure that your iPhone and HomePods are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Seamless playback control between your devices relies on a stable network connection.

Additionally, check the settings in the Podcasts app on your iPhone to see if there are any settings related to playback on HomePods or external speakers. You may need to adjust these settings to ensure that playback control remains with your iPhone even when using external speakers.

If the issue persists after checking these settings, you may want to try restarting both your iPhone and HomePods. Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve minor software glitches that may be causing the problem.

If none of these solutions work, reaching out to Official Apple Support for further assistance may be necessary. They can provide personalized support and troubleshoot the issue in more detail.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2024 6:17 AM in response to Paul2727

One possible solution to this issue is to check the settings on both your iPhone and HomePods to ensure they are configured correctly for playback control. Start by verifying that both your iPhone and HomePods are running the latest software updates, as this can often resolve compatibility issues.

Next, make sure that your iPhone and HomePods are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Seamless playback control between your devices relies on a stable network connection.

Additionally, check the settings in the Podcasts app on your iPhone to see if there are any settings related to playback on HomePods or external speakers. You may need to adjust these settings to ensure that playback control remains with your iPhone even when using external speakers.

If the issue persists after checking these settings, you may want to try restarting both your iPhone and HomePods. Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve minor software glitches that may be causing the problem.

If none of these solutions work, reaching out to Official Apple Support for further assistance may be necessary. They can provide personalized support and troubleshoot the issue in more detail.

Lost Control of Apple Podcast

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.