can't access Aperture photos on my Mac Mini 14.4.1. How to??

I know that Aperture won't run in my version of macOS.

How can i get them when it won't open? They're not listed in finder. Are there any high-end-ish apps - money is challenging these days - I can use to work with my pictures. I'm a retired photographer and want to work with them to sell.

Mac Mini

MI, 2020

macOS 14.4.1

16G mem

2 terabytes on EHD

Thanks so much,

Lorraine

[Edited by Moderator]

Mac mini (M1, 2020)

Posted on Apr 21, 2024 3:18 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

Apr 22, 2024 2:35 AM in response to searchless1

Do you still have another Mac with macOS 10.14 Mojave or earlier?

If you still can run Aperture on another Mac use it to prepare the library for the migration to another app.

This can help to migrate your Aperture adjustments to a different application, if the app cannot replicate Apertures adjustment. Then the previews created in aperture will be all we have to migrate the edited versions. If you wanted to save storage and have set Aperture to use small previews, you will have a problem. If you can, run Aperture again on your library and let it render previews for all edited photos in the original size. Also you may want to use the opportunity to convert all media in a legacy formt to a format will be supported on macOS 10.15 or later. macOS 10.15 or later does no longer include some older lIfe frameworks that a re necessary to play some older video formats. (About legacy media in iMovie for macOS - Apple Support)

On a Mac with macOS 12 or earlier it is still possible to use the Photos.app to create a new Photos Library from an Aperture Library. This will save all albums and folder and projects, so we can preserve the structure of the library. But the more recent versions of Photos can only import selected media from an Aperture Library, but not the structure of the library. Migrating an Aperture Library to Photos as a Library is no longer supported on macOS13 Ventura - Apple Community

Apr 21, 2024 3:50 PM in response to searchless1

You can import images from an Aperture library to Photos, the app that comes with the OS on your new Mac.

Or you can go for higher end apps like Adobe Lightroom Classic, CaptureOne, On One Photo Raw etc etc, all of which have migration paths from Aperture. This app

https://cyme.io/avalanche-photo-conversion/

should help in the process. There is a free trial to check things out.

Apr 28, 2024 8:05 PM in response to Yer_Man

Yer_Man

"You can import images from an Aperture library to Photos, the app that comes with the OS on your new Mac. " I can't access the aperture library on my mac. Like i said, aperture doesn't show up on my new mac. I'll try the app when i have "a minute". I don't know where it is! I have a few EHDs but can't access one of them. Might it be on one of the EHDs?

looked at the app. It says, "Avalanche for Apple Photos is compatible with: Aperture catalogs from version 3.6". I don't know what version i used.

can't access Aperture photos on my Mac Mini 14.4.1. How to??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.