Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Can't recover old iTunes account

I had some old songs bought many years agon on another email account. My telco provider mothballed that email address quite some time ago and after that everything else is under the new email we migrated to. When I click on that set of old songs added way back to play one, I get a login prompt for that old account. Tried to reset the password with that email just to see what would happen but when I enter that email and the security values it says it does not recognize that email at all in the system. So the old songs that are locked currently on my iTunes are gone forever it appears. And when you click through the support options for iTunes they dump you here as I suppose we are no longer their problem.

Posted on Apr 21, 2024 8:37 PM

1 reply

Apr 22, 2024 12:40 AM in response to bakerdal

Your email account and your Apple account are (and have always been) separate accounts, but using the same text. It's the same username, but each with its own password. So did you mistakenly try to sign into your Apple account with the password for your old email account?

If so, you should still get into your Apple account with that same Apple account password. Unfortunately, if you don't remember it, when you tap on the "Forgot password" option at the sign-in screen it will send a reminder to the old email address, which you tell us is no loner accessible.

Can't recover old iTunes account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.