I update, re-download iMovie

I'm trying to download iMovie. It was once on mu 15'' MacBook Pro 2019 but then I deleted it. but when I go to the apple App Store it has an update button on it.

So then I click on the update button and it does this:

That's my old sign in name. I'm not currently signed in to that account. I no longer use it. So I then erase it and put in my current iCloud ID. And click download. I then put in my password. And this pops up.

I then click on down load button and the popup keeps coming back.

So I go to the iTunes Store and I was already signed in.

So I sign out and then sign back in and do the whole process over again and it still gives me this:

Please help. It shouldn't be this difficult to download or update an app.

Much appreciated.

CJ

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 14.4

Posted on Apr 21, 2024 11:10 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Apr 22, 2024 3:32 PM in response to 385qwerty

Try this procedure:

To update/redownload iMovie 10, sign in to the app store with your old I.D. and open your purchases folder. (NOTE: For El Capitan and older, click on the Purchases tab at the top of the app store screen and then sign in. Click on Purchases again to reveal your purchases.)  You should see your purchases displayed, including iMovie 10. Redownload/update iMovie from there. If not successful, try signing in with your current Apple I.D. and doing the above procedure.

If still no luck, try contacting Apple's customer service and discussing the problem with them. You can Google for the number.

-- Rich

I update, re-download iMovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.