Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Downloads App disappeared from Dock on Mc Mini M2

Downloads app disappeared from my dock, how do I get it back om my mac mini? HELP

Please.

Posted on Apr 22, 2024 12:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2024 3:13 AM

Hi,

See at /Applications folder where suppose to be downloaded applications in installed you are looking for.

If you find the applications there, drag and copy the applications on the Dock which are alias of applications themself.

8 replies

Apr 23, 2024 5:42 AM in response to Measina

The Downloads icon in the Dock is not an app. It is an alias (aka shortcut) to your /Downloads folder.

Open a Finder window. Navigate to your /Users/<yourusername> folder. Click & drag the Downloads folder to the Dock. This will put the icon back in your Dock. (It does not move or copy the /Downloads folder.)

Apr 23, 2024 2:04 PM in response to Measina

Just open your finder, on the left hand side you should see your downloads folder. Click and drag it to where you want on the dock (back where it used to be) and you should have it right back. The dock is really just shortcuts and not actual apps. If you want to remove it again later, just drag it off the dock to somewhere open on the desktop until you see "remove" and then it will be gone. You may have done this by accident and that's how it was removed in the first place.

Apr 23, 2024 1:45 AM in response to Measina

Measina Said:

"Downloads App disappeared from Dock on Mc Mini M2: Downloads app disappeared from my dock, how do I get it back om my mac mini? HELP Please."

-------

Restoring the Dock:

You Can't: The macOS does not keep a history of the Dock. So, you'd have to restore your Mac from a Time Machine Backup that contains things as they were prior to all of this.

Apr 23, 2024 12:21 PM in response to MartinR

MartinR Said:

There is no need to restore the Mac. All the OP needs to do is replace the Downloads icon in the Dock. Procedure is in my response to the OP.

———-

Forgetting the Dock:

If you’ve forgotten what is in the dock and what order it is in, the restore. Without a screenshot or a photos, there not much kore you can do, than remember.

Downloads App disappeared from Dock on Mc Mini M2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.