Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

why apple requiring verification code from the phone number that I verified the account with even after changing it to a new number and verifying it

I recently created a new Apple ID for a friend and used my phone number because their number wasn't receiving a code, but after I finished setting it up, I edited the phone number to theirs and verified it. However, when they logged in after a few days, the code was sent to my phone number instead.

MacBook Pro (2021)

Posted on Apr 22, 2024 4:04 AM

5 replies

Apr 23, 2024 12:33 PM in response to Aya1643

Aya1643 Said:

Thank you for you reply, could I be able to fix the problem by disabling two-factor authentication and re-enable with my friend's phone number?

———-

Verify your Devices:

You are getting the code because he is associated to your account. So, got my here, what do you see for devices in your account? Check your Apple ID Device List to See where you're Signed in - Apple Support. If he is in there, then get him out of it by having him go into Settings and logging out of it,

So, your best bet of getting the numbers correct it to give Apple Support a call, requesting assistance with changing the number to what it should be.

Contact Info:

Apr 23, 2024 1:20 AM in response to Aya1643

Aya1643 Said:

"I recently created a new Apple ID for a friend and used my phone number because their number wasn't receiving a code, but after I finished setting it up, I edited the phone number to theirs and verified it. However, when they logged in after a few days, the code was sent to my phone number instead."

-------

Two-Factor Authentication Intermingles Between Accounts:

You are sharing the phone number for Two-Factor Authentication --something to avoid for Privacy & Security purposes.

why apple requiring verification code from the phone number that I verified the account with even after changing it to a new number and verifying it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.