Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

2 separate Apple IDs have linked together. Issues unlinking and MacBook Pro not functioning or communicating well with iPhone on same Apple ID

I have started over with a new apple id and icloud email address because everything was playing up and malfunctioning between my mac and iPhone having any engagement between them at all and i've then further gotten into a right mess with the switch over to the new apple id, which has resulted in both old and new ID's linking together and attaching to my contact number.

I’m unable to remove it from my contact at this point,  until i can pick up another SIM that has a different number to replace mine with.

HOWEVER, 

My actual question if somebody could please offer guidance…..                                          

Is it possible to STOP my original iCloud email address from continuing as an Apple ID and its sole purpose remaining only as iCloud mail moving forward? I very much NEED to continue using its accompanying email address and Im riddled with anxiety that logging into the mail app on Mac or iPhone with it, is going to keep trying to link them together again.

Thank you so much, in advance 

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 14.4

Posted on Apr 22, 2024 5:21 AM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

2 separate Apple IDs have linked together. Issues unlinking and MacBook Pro not functioning or communicating well with iPhone on same Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.