Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

eSIM to Physical sim issue in iPhone 12 Pro

What did I do?

I converted an eSIM to a physical SIM from a service provider in iPhone 12 Pro. Once the eSIM profile lost the network during migration, I deleted it and inserted a new physical SIM.

What are the issues?

SMS sending failed, the Hotspot is inactive, and there is no option in the Cellular setting. This looks like the SIM is not getting registered properly, even though I can make calls and receive messages.

Troubleshooting:

I tried Reset Network Settings, which did not resolve the issue, but then I Reset All Settings. During the second reset phone had no SIM. The issue still exists. The same physical SIM has no issue with Android mobiles and iPhone6S. I have tried inserting another physical SIM in 12 Pro, which worked properly.

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Apr 22, 2024 5:46 AM

2 replies

Apr 22, 2024 1:35 PM in response to biswajit168

biswajit168 wrote:

What did I do?
I converted an eSIM to a physical SIM from a service provider in iPhone 12 Pro. Once the eSIM profile lost the network during migration, I deleted it and inserted a new physical SIM.
What are the issues?
SMS sending failed, the Hotspot is inactive, and there is no option in the Cellular setting. This looks like the SIM is not getting registered properly, even though I can make calls and receive messages.
Troubleshooting:
I tried Reset Network Settings, which did not resolve the issue, but then I Reset All Settings. During the second reset phone had no SIM. The issue still exists. The same physical SIM has no issue with Android mobiles and iPhone6S. I have tried inserting another physical SIM in 12 Pro, which worked properly.

Report the issue to your phone carrier all of those are their features and they can fix it for you.

eSIM to Physical sim issue in iPhone 12 Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.